So.. this is kinda a different post from me.. if you want to keep reading please do.. if not that's okay too. :)
I guess I don't have much experience when it comes to being in love.. because I have never actually been in love, (except with my savior Jesus) But being in love with a man I have not.. Yes, I have been in a relationship, but I was by no means in love with him. So, I guess when it comes to being in love I really have no actual experience, but this post isn't about me being in love.
Everywhere I go if I'm in a conversation with someone I am usually asked the question "so… You have a boyfriend?" and the answer is no, and sometimes people look at you like your from another planet. I can almost picture the words in their heads, "Your 22 and still no boyfriend?" and the conversation usually goes to me telling them that I am waiting for the right person to come along. Maybe something else is said but the conversation usually drops from there.
I will be honest... that's a hard answer to swallow sometimes.. no. Do I desire to be in a relationship, yes. Am I ready to be in a relationship.. not sure. But that is something that I do desire. I will admit it is very hard not having someone to love. But I believe when it's time the Lord will bring the right one along. I hear tons of people saying "be content in the Lord" and other such things.. and yes, I am striving for that. But we are human, and created for relationship. I can still desire to be in a relationship while being satisfied in the Lord. It gets to be a problem when I put that desire above what the Lord wants for me. Which I pray does not happen.
But when I look around in my life I see a lot of couples.. but how many of them are truly in love? Are you truly in love or are you just using your spouse? Are you using the relationship as a convenience to you? How many people out there are in a relationship but still feel so empty? If your empty did you really ever love that person? What is true love?
John 15:13 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends'
Okay.. so what does love between a husband and wife look like..
Ephesians 5:22 'Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.' (Note: This verse was NOT made for a man to make his wife his slave.. please study scripture before you make comments on this verse. Please do not take it out of context.)
Ephesians 5:25 'Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it.'
Love is a sacrifice.,. I should say that TRUE love is a sacrifice. Can you be in "love" and not have sacrifice? Sure, cause that is worldly love. Worldly love says I can what I want and you can do what you want. But Godly live comes with a sacrifice. This is the kind of love I want. I want a husband who loves the Lord and is willing to lead his family in such a way that brings them closer to the Lord. And in turn I want to be a wife who loves and supports my husband. There are a lot of other things I wish to be in a wife... but that I might discuss later... haha
So, there you have it... my perspective on love. I leave you with this, the ultimate expression of love...

No comments:
Post a Comment